Howto use HTC Mobile GPS on PC/GoogleEarth June 25, 2011Posted by hasnain110 in Uncategorized.
Finllay after spending many days of exploring how to use my HTC Wildfire GPS on my laptop finally I have figured out the science of how to get it done. Over internet there is load of information of getting it done but I found it really really poor as the steps are a little complicated so I’m here writing this easy howto of getting it done
In this guide you will learn how to use your android phone as a standalone gps for google earth on pc.
Note: Your phone and computer must have bluetooth.
1. Download and install google earth on your pc.
2. Download GooPsPro2_5_3Beta.exe -Thanks developer Dave for compatiblity code change
3. Download and install BlueNMEA from Android Market
1. Install th BlueNMEA softwar onto your Android from this link (http://max.kellermann.name/download/blue-nmea/BlueNMEA-2.1.2.apk) once installed run only without making any change in the software. Make sure the GPS option is selected and TCP STATUS should be listening on port XYZ ( in case if it shows already listening please give a soft reboot to your HTC and do the same again)
2. Once install pair your HTC with your laptop , while pairing you will find a popup baloon in the system tray showing that the windows is trying to download and install some update/drivers.. let the windows finish its job
3. Once pairing is done goto the settings of bluetooth on your laptop click on the second tab COM PORTS and make sure you have an outgoing ports already created for BLUENMEA by Window while system performing Step 2
3. Start the Goops program you downloaded earlier. Goto options and select the com port you saw associated with BlueNMEA software . Uncheck Autoconnect, Autoscan and Compress.
4. Now press Connect on the GOOPS program , GoogleEarth should open and Goops will say opening COM”#”: #- the number you selected
5. On your phone open BlueMNEA,your bluetooth pc should be listed, select it. If all went well it will establish a connection and you will then have gps on your pc. If it doesnt connect, often trying again will fix it. If not, something else is wrong.
It worked for me great. Let your comments if you have any confusion and will try my best to reply ASAP